Wednesday, May 4, 2011

JAYLIE BREE NIELSON
This is my sweet little niece Jaylie. Just this last Tuesday her mom took her in for an eye exam because she was having trouble seeing. Alarmed at what he saw the eye doctor sent them to Dell Children's Hospital where she received a cat scan. What they found would change my dear sister and brother in-laws life forever. Jaylie had a brain tumor the size of a plum. Thankfully doctors have operated and were able to completely remove the tumor. However, the results of the tumor were not good. It is a very fast spreading cancer and little Jaylie will being to undergo radiation and chemotherapy treatments in the next month. My heart breaks for Kip and Kajsa and I can only hope that our family's prayers are answered.
As a parent I can't imagine the thought of watching my baby having to suffer through chemo. Nor can I bare the thought that they might return to our Heavenly Father before I do. I couldn't help but put myself in Kip and Kajsa shoes and be so grateful to be able to also step out of them. The morning after we found out about Jaylie I woke up and I held my kids and cried for most of the day. I was so grateful that the Lord trusted me enough to send them to me and grateful for the time I have had with them thus far. We never thought anything like this would ever happen to anyone in our family, no one does.
Jaylie and her sister Breklyn are so close. They have an amazing bond that will never be broken and I can't help but think about my own girls as I look at this picture. Even though my girls are only 2 and 2 months I see this bond developing between them. I know that my girls will continue to grow and create a bond that is as strong as Jaylie and Breklyn's. I truly believe that sisters are angels sent from heaven to make us better people.
Jaylie and Breklyn hanging on to Daddy's legs. This has been a very difficult trail for Kip, Kajsa and their kids.
To Kip and Kajsa I want to say this is a fight that you will not fight alone. We are here with you and we will fight with you throughout this battle. You have an army of supporters here on earth and on the other side of the veil who will strengthen and cheer you and Jaylie on. The Lord has a plan and it is one that we are all struggling to understand right now. Have faith in it and know that the Lord has wisdom in all things. Both of you are such an example to our family. Even though you are facing the most difficult thing you have ever gone through your faith and love for each other remains strong. I hope and pray that if the Lord saw fit to ever put in your situation I could have the faith of moving mountains as you do. Remember that Jaylie is an angel of the Lord. Cherish her and learn from her. I hope you never feel alone in this journey for you are not, we are all fighting for the same cause. We Love you. Continue on in faith.

No comments: