Thursday, August 4, 2011

ANOTHER TRIATHLON
C.J. ran another triathlon a few weeks ago and did amazing! He got 1st in his age group and beat his original time by 3 mins!
I am so proud of him!
He is planning on running the St. George marathon in September and I can't wait to see him cross the finish line. C.J. always wants me do run triathlons and marathons with him but to be honest I cant see myself doing anything like that. This is why I am always so proud of him for finishing.
Good Job Babe!
Dad and Jaysa
Dad, Jaysa and Paisley
After the run while we waited for the awards Jaysa and I found a soccer ball to play with. She knew exactly what to do with it and kicked it right in the goal!
C.J. snapped this right as I was doing a rainbow. It's kinds a cool picture... I like it.
playing with Jaysa
like I said... She knew exactly what to do with it... ha ha ha
cutest pose ever!

RED CLIFFS
Red Cliffs is a spot where there are natural slides part of the year and you can go slide down them. You have to make a short hike which is a little bit hard with kids but it was well forth it.
The family

We went with Sherrie and her kids.

There were lots of tadpoles and we had lots of fun catching them
Look how big these ones are! We actually kept them in Jaysa's little kitty pool and watched them get arms and legs. Then we gave them to the Taylor kids and they kept them in a tank and watched them turn into frogs. After they turned into frogs they somehow hopped out and are now lost in their house somewhere! ha ha They found one all dried up in the back of Brandon's truck... not sure how it got there but funny story.
Paisley slept for most of the trip and we used Jaysa hat to keep her shaded.
C.J. and Trae thinking about jumping
Trae jumping off the rocks
C.J. jumping off the highest rock

Tessa

C.J. and Jaysa
Trying to get Jaysa to slide down the slide
Tessa sliding. This girl is so brave she will do anything!
Tessa sliding
Tessa and Tyra helping with Jaysa! These two are the best helpers in the world! Love them!
The family standing in the lower pool
Jaysa, Tyra, Trae, and Tessa
Sleeping beauty!
She finally woke up when it was time to go.
Jaysa and Dad making goofy faces at the camera
Goofy face with cantelope in the mouth.

Me and Paisley
Cute smile
Dad making Paisley fly!
I don't know why but Jaysa LOVES to wear hangers...
is this weird?
Here's all my girls bow. The sad thing is that even with all these I still felt like they didnt have any so I just about 30 new bows! Don't know where I am going to put them since this is so full.

FUN AT THE POOL
I love this picture of Jaysa!
Attempting a four man tower! I freaked out when they did this because Jaysa was on top and can't quite swim yet and I was on the side holding Paisley and the camera so I couldn't jump in if she fell
Here we go!
Success!!! and cool picture!

POTTY TRAINING
I still have not seriously tried to potty train Jaysa. I have been waiting for school to get out.
Now that its out we will really try because I am tired of having two babies in diapers!

PAINTING PIGS
I found some paintable piggy banks at a garage sale the other day and brought them home for a fun craft for Jaysa and the neighbor girls.
Jaysa painting her pig
Trya!
Trae helped Jaysa paint hers

JAYSA READING TO PAISLEY
Jaysa wanted to read a book to Paisley the other day so I set both of them on the couch next to each other
My cute girl!
It was pretty cute to watch

BEAR RIVER LODGE
My family had a little family reunion up in Provo a couple of weeks ago and from there we headed up to Bear River Lodge. It was so much fun!
My family has a tradition of waking up early to go see what sorts of animals they can find.
They got up at 5:00a.m. and found 17 moose!
and a bunch of deer
Big sister and little sister!
Jaysa is always giving Paisley kisses! She is the best big sister ever!
C.J. pulling a Michael Jackson. Don't worry there was a big fluffy couch right below her.
Brushing our teeth. Jaysa always makes this face when she brushed her teeth and I think it's the cutest thing!

RIDING ON THE POLARIS
While we were there everyone took out four wheelers. C.J. and I wanted to take Jaysa so we got on the Polaris and brought Calvin with us.

He LOVED it!
It was so cold up there even in the middle of summer. Love Calvin's smile!
He even fell asleep.
While we were there C.J. built this awesome shelter!...
Just kidding! We just found that and he wanted to feel like Bear Grylls so he got in and had me take a picture.


Snow in the middle of summer!

YUMMY BROWNIES
What a mess!
What an innocent face
These are the neighbor kids, who I love to death, Trae, Tyra, and Tessa helping Jaysa lick the brownie bowl
YUM!
Funny girl!
licking the brownie mix off her leg!
Tessa playing dress up with Jaysa's bows
I think it's beautiful! ha ha ha
Jaysa hated this swing as a baby but now that she is older she actually gets in it more than Jaysa does!
K sorry I keep forgetting that I cant video like this but it's still cute. This is Jaysa singing the Miley Cirus song, Party in the USA.
New invention!
Paisley still wakes her self up when her hands get up by her face so I have started tying the arms of her Pj's so she cant them up by her face and wake herself up.

Love her face sequence here!



Too cute!


Me and Pay Pay (this is the nick name Jaysa gave her and it has stuck!)
Dad and Paisley taking a nap

TURTLES!
My parents have 4 desert tortius's and one box turtle. Jaysa's favorite thing to do when we go over there is to play with them.
Dad and the BIG turtle
Jaysa feeding the turtles lettuce
Love this picture! Jaysa actually brought one in the house put it down on the tile and ran into my dad's office saying "grampa I catched a turtle!...come, follow me!"
Camden playing with the turtle
Jaysa pours the dirt all over herself when she is in the turtle pen.
Look how dirty she is!

SPRAYED BY THE SPRINKELERS
One morning I heard Jaysa crying so I ran out to see what was going on and I found Jaysa standing in the middle of the yard crying and getting soaked by the sprinklers. I thought it was pretty funny but she didn't. Love Jaysa's facial expression here too!

Ha Ha she is a bit of a drama queen and tries to squeeze out her tears when she crys, which is what she is doing in this picture

ha ha ha
Paisley was so tired! She doesn't normally like to sleep in people's arms anymore but she just zonked out here

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY
This year we were supposed to go to a resort in Arizona but since my mom was watching the babes and my Granddad has been very sick she was afraid he might die while we were out of town. Since she needed to be able to fly down the funeral if it happened we switched our resort package to a resort in Vegas. Even though it wasn't really ideal it was still a lot of fun to be able to get away.
C.J. and I trying to take a picture of the view outside our window... I didn't work but it's still a cute picture of us.
I know this is sad but these are the only pictures we took. :( I wish we would have taken more!
After we checked out we called my mom and she was at a carnival the church put on for Pioneer day so we met them there
Paisley trying Watermelon for the first time! She loved it!
The face painting people we limted on painters so they let C.J. and I paint the girls face ourselves.
Paisley was not a fan! She got a smiley face and.....
A mustache!
C.J. didn't do a very good job but she kept trying to eat the paint

Me painting Jaysa's face.
She got a flower and a heart

CALVIN'S SLEEP STUDY
A few years ago after watching Calvin for a week a few years ago I mentioned to my mom calvin's sleep apnea and that she should have it checked. We finally had it check but it was no easy task. This was actually a second attempt at it. The first time my mom and Byrin went. Calvin would rip off all of the wires as soon as they put them on him and they fought him for four hours to keep them on. This time we brought the big guns. It took me, C.J. and Justin to keep him from taking all the wires off and making him keep his pulsox on.
Calvin is EXTREMELY strong and flexible. We even had to tie his legs together to keep him from kicking us off the bed! If you loog at me I had to hold the one finger up in the air that had the pulsox on it and hold the rest of his fingers down so he couldn't wiggle it off.
His legs tied. We actually had his ankels tied too but as the night went on he was too tired to try kicking us out of bed.
trying to get some sleep.
Finally done and taking taking all the stickers off. It was a miserable night.
I know this looks really mean and sad but it had to be done. His results were actually a lot worse than we thought they would be. He has severe sleep apnea. I didn't really sleep at all and in the early morning hours I could actually dose off for a second between his breaths. At times there were 30 second or more breaks between his breaths. Since Calvin would never keep a Sea Pap on the doctors have suggested him getting a tounge reduction. Sounds horrible but my mom says she has watched it on Youtube and it's not that bad. They actually go in and lipo the tounge to make it smaller. We don't want to have to do this if we don't have to but after seeing his results from this sleep study it hard to ignore.

UPDATE ON JAYLIE
Jaylie is now through her 6 weeks of radiation and the doctors are AMAZED at for well she is doing! We couldn't be more happy with the progress she is making and how well she is handling everything. Right now she is on a 5 week break before her starts her 6 months Chemo. This will be the really scary part. In her radiation stage she was still fairly healthy. She was tired but nothing too scary. With the Chemo she will loose a lot of weight, have very little energy, and her counts will go down. The doctors told her mom that they want to know if she stubs her toe! She will be really suseptible to illness so it will be a scary time for their family. We are actually headed down to Texas today so we are so excited to see her while she is on her break. We are headed to Sea World on Saturday which will be so fun for all the kids! My family also bought Jaylie a Nintendo Ds so that she can play it while she is in the hospital doing her chemo treatments. We also bought her like 20 games so we are so excited to give that to her when we get there. If you want to read more about Jaylie go to Jaylienielson.blogspot.com or Teamjaylie.org
Here is another great link. http://annbeckphotography.com/newblog/?p=2964A photographer came to take pictures of Jaylie, her family and all the treatments she is going through. She made a little video with all the pictures and it is so touching.


No comments: