Sunday, October 2, 2011

I still have not gotten a new battery and charger for my camera so we are relying on C.J.'s iphone to take pictures. This makes me so sad cause I have missed a lot of cute things my kids have done cause I just don't have a camera while he is a work. In our new house we have a really deep kitchen sink that has two sides to it. I love to give the girls baths in the sink because it is much easier than bending over the tub. Jaysa loves to get a mouth full of water and spit it at Paisley. Paisley usually doesn't pay much attention to this but now that she is getting older she is starting to interact more. When Jaysa spit water in Paisley's face she just thought it was the funniest thing ever! She was crackin up! I wish I would have gotten it on camera so bad but I guess it gives me motivation to avert my attention from the house to getting a new battery and charger! Here are a few random pictures off C.J.'s iphone
Here's the girls in the sink!

STILL IN THE OLD HOUSE.
After a day of working hard to pack up and move we decided we needed some chocolate... a lot of chocolate! We got one of the cups of chocolate chips you can melt in the microwave and dipped bananas in it. We didn't even wait for the chocolate to harden we just dove in!
So glad my teeth really don't look like this.


Gotcha Dad!
Paisley barfed on dad while he was playing with her. She just barley missed his mouth. I love her innocent face.
Paisley is loving whole foods. She loves her puffs and any other big people food we give her. I love the placement of the puffs on her chest... they look like little pasties! ha ha
So cute!

FISH FRY
We had this awesome idea to do a fish fry with our neighbors. We cooked up the crawdads we caught a while ago and C.J., Brandon and my brother-in-law Mark all went out fishing to hopefully catch some bluegill....hopefully is the keyword here. The boys didn't come home till about 9:45 that night and no bluegill :/ so we improvised with the bass they caught and filleted them up and fried them. It was DELICIOUS! These are the only two pictures I took, sorry!
Here is Brandon washing off the fish
and C.J. filleting them.... Do you like the miller light in the picture? ha ha don't worry is it not C.J's.

GREASE LIGHTENING!!!!
Brandon and Sherrie invited us to go see Grease at Tuachan and it was a blast!
Me and Sherrie
Brandon and C.J.
I have no idea why we didn't take couples pictures.... hahaha

THE ST. GEORGE MARATHON
I have a few pictures of C.J. making his run but they are on a friends camera so the only pictures I have are ones we took after the marathon. There were so many people there when C.J. and I finally found each other he just laid down in the grass. He was so tired. I have never seen him like that before but I am so proud of him for accomplishing this!
Watching some of the first people cross the finish line is something I will never forget. Tears welled up in my eyes as I watched the expressions on peoples face and watched their physical struggle to get to the finish line. I especially got emotional when I could tell that someone's body was shutting down but they continued to tell their legs to keep moving and again when I saw other runners come to a runners side who was about to pass out yet refused to give up till they reached their goal. I saw one runner who's body just kept getting lower and lower to the ground but he wouldn't let his legs stop moving. I thought there was no way he was going to make it until a man behind him grabbed his arm and held him up helping him to finish the race. I wish I could give a discription of his movements. It was almost like a baby horse that was first learning to walk and was taking wobbley exagerated steps and stubbling all at the same time. I cried when they crossed the finish line because the struggling runner's body just collasped and the other runner just held him up and spoke to him until the paramedics could get to him. If you have never watched anything like this it is hard to imagine. All I could think about was how we look like the struggling runner at times when we feel that we can't go any further in life and how the lord comes to our side to aid us. He does not take the burden from us but helps to hold us up to make our burden bearable so that we can make it to our finish line. I have a new respect for people that truly give all they have to accomplish something like this and hope that when I am struggling with something in life I can remember this experince to remind me that after I have given my everything the lord will help me the rest of the way.
The whole family was tired!
C.J. and the girls
I love Paisleys face here!
Dad and miss Jaysa
Ha ha lover her face here
The Family

WORKING ON THE HOUSE
We bought this house because we fell in love with the potential the house had. We had a lot of ideas about what we wanted to do to it. One of our first projects after moving in was to redo the kitchen cabinets. The original color was a cream almost pinky ugly color. Here is the before.
That is not the original fridge that came with the house. We had to buy all new appliances but thanks to Brandon's brother Justin who works at Lowes the cost off all the appliances didn't take too much of a hit to our budget.
C.J. glazing the bottom cabinets. We decided to go with the cream distressed look. C.J. and I saw a cabinet display at the Boulevard Home Furnishings store here that was a cream distressed with a two toned crown molding and we loved it so we decided to do that in our kitchen.
So glad to get rid of the ugly pink color!
Taking off the upper cabinets
I almost fell off the fridge like 5 times cause the door kept opening.
All cabinets are off!
and painted!
C.J. making his own tool to put the drawer pulls on.
The after picture! We are still working on the two toned crown molding but hopefully that will be up soon!
Here is the island!

We have also done a bit of painting since we moved in.
Of course we had to have the theater room be Texas orange for the football games!
Don't you just love it... (I am being sacrastic) This isn't the only room we have painted it's just the only one I have a picture of. Once things settle down around here with all of C.J.'s traveling I will have more detailed pictures of the house.

MY CHANDILIER
A year or two ago I bought a chandilier from a lady I met at a garage sale. It has been sitting in our garage since I bought it. I know C.J. thought I was a crazy women but I knew that one day it was look amazing in a house we bought. I am so excited that now that we have a house with valeted ceilings and have a spot for it! Hanging this sucker up was no easy task. The chandlier is almost 4 feet fall and weighs a lot. It was an all day process! Here is what we had to do.
Here is Cj on the ladder which is on top of our island. Just a little bit scary! If you look at the ceiling you can see two holes next to the one C.J. is working on. Before we had the chandiler up there were two old gold light fixtures nicknamed by Brandon, The Booby Lights. This nick name actually gives a very good discription of what they looked like. ha ha ha. The booby lights were both mounted on studs however we wanted the chandelier to be centered on the island which meant it had to be right in the middle of the booby lights, which meant no stud. We could have just mounted in the left stud but I didn't think it would look as good and C.J. was worried about the wiring. So he cut a hole in the ceiling and we mounted this metal thing between the two studs. Normally you would go up in the attic and mount it from their but the ceiling was vaulted and there was no way we could have gotten to it.
Working on putting the metal thing between the two studs
C.J. also put some cut 2x4's up there to give it more support
Me trying to reach the wiring since he forgot to pull it through before.
Here's a good view of where the booby lights were and the hole we made. Now to cover the hole we had to make in the ceiling we bought one of the decorative round ceiling medalions.... I know ghetto but it actually turned out looking nice! Here is the finished product of the chandelier... we are still working on patching the holes from the booby lights
I LOVE IT!!!! Our next projects for the house are the crown molding in the kitchen and putting rock on three sides of the island. We are also working on a farmhouse table but we will be in AZ for the next two weeks so none of those will happen till we get back!

OTHER HAPPENINGS
Miss Paisley is enjoying the taste of solid foods. She is eating an oatmeal cookie in this picture

YUM!

Jaysa at Walmart. She always asks to ride these little rides when we go.


CAMDEN'S B-DAY


Here is Jaysa at our nephew, Camden's 2nd birthday.


Happy Birthday Camden! I wish I could have been there but I was actually in California visiting my best friend Chelsea.

UCLA vs. TEXAS

Bob flew into Vegas on Friday and him and C.J. had a father and sons weekend out in LA and Pasadena. They went to the Texas UCLA game which Texas won 49-20. They had a blast and got to meet some of the team including Mack Brown the head coach. C.J. and Bob stayed around after the game and waited for the team to come out. They saw all of the players and coaches and got to talk with a few of them. My mom was so helpful because she watched the girls while they were in California and I was up in northern California visiting Chelsea. Thanks MOM.


Coach Mack Brown after the game


Case McCoy


Blake Gideon which is the San of C.J.'s high school coach.


They bought tickets when they got there from a UCLA fan so they sat with a mostly UCLA fans but they were pretty good seats.


BEVO!


C.J. decided to shave getting ready for the game and sent me these pictures.

He told me he left it like that for the game but really he didn't. Pretty funny.


This was out on the front Lawn of Pepperdine University in Malibu CA. There was a flag for everyone who lost their lives on 9/11/01.


No comments: