Sunday, September 11, 2011

MAJOR CHANGES
It's so weird to look back on life and see where you have come from. I first moved to St. George to play soccer for Dixie. I truly never thought I would live here for more than two years. At that time my plan was to play for two years while I waited for a missionary and then get married. Wow have things changed since then! I didn't marry that missionary. I met someone else. Someone I am so incredibly grateful for and someone who has changed my life for the better. I have now been married to that man for 5 years and we have 2 beautiful girls.
Now I am the type of person that always has to have a plan. So after getting married our plan was to finish school here at Dixie and move back to Texas AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. We were both born and raised there and want to settle down and raise our children there. However for some unexplainable reason we didn't move after C.J. graduated. We decided to stay for one more year. Then we found out I was pregnant with Paisley. We didn't have well paid jobs and I was still having to work to help bring in enough income for our family. I should have been scared out of mind about how we were going support our family but for some reason I wasn't. I was unusually calm and knew that everything would be fine. C.J. and I were praying for him to find a job in Texas and before we knew it our prayers were answered in a much different way. C.J. was offered a recruiting job at the college. It's so funny to see people we used to hang out with when we were single or just newly married because they all say the same thing..."You're still here?" ha ha ha Yes the two years I had originally planned to live here has now become 6 and a half. Reflecting back I am amazed at how everything fell into place. Today I feel like there is a reason C.J. and I are still here. I am not sure what it is but whatever it is I have learned how important it is to trust in the Lords plan and that his plan is always better than your own. The extra year we planned to stay ended in May but C.J. has fallen in love with his job and doesn't want to leave just yet. We have again decided to postpone our move back home and just bought a house here in St. George! We moved in about 2 weeks ago and just finished painting a few walls. So far we LOVE it! It feels great to have our own place and we have a few plans for updating and putting our own stamp on it. St. George is surprisingly starting to feel like home for me. I am sorry I don' have any pictures of the move or the new house but I will as soon as possible!

No comments: